A few interesting apps for you guys to try out

Started by vampirefrog, February 02, 2010, 06:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampirefrog

I've found a few interesting programs that might (ok this is starting to sound like spam) be useful.

• Light Map Maker -- it imports a model and calculates the lightmaps and exports it back
  • Awakening -- Made by the same people, it looks like some sort of 3D editor that goes with Light Map Maker
  • gile[s] -- a "global illumination editor", it too can calculate lightmaps.
  • tree[d] -- seems to make trees. perhaps it can do alpha maps and we can export from it and import into sauer

The reason i posted the lightmap makers is because if they turn out to give good results (i've tried gile[s] and it looks decent), an export command can be written for sauer, and then an import command to import the calculated lightmaps -- ie we'd have GI, radiosity and whatnot in sauer.

Perhaps we can play with them and see what results we get.

Apollo

Very nice. We could pre-light all out models to a point, to eliminate loss of complex details.

As for the tree app, I've tried that a while ago, it works fairly well, but it isn't quite as versatile as one might hope.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

Quote from: Jake on February 03, 2010, 01:19:35 AM
Very nice. We could pre-light all out models to a point, to eliminate loss of complex details.

I wasn't talking about mapmodels, i meant the actual map.

Quote from: Jake on February 03, 2010, 01:19:35 AM
As for the tree app, I've tried that a while ago, it works fairly well, but it isn't quite as versatile as one might hope.

It can't do alpha masks?

Apollo

It can do alpha. What I don;t like is limitations regarding tree shape. Don't get me wrong though, it can do quite a lot regarding shape, but not as much as I would personally like.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

Apollo