CTF map size.

Started by Apollo, December 28, 2009, 05:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apollo

I am making a large L shaped CTF map, and by large, I mean FRIGGEN HUGE, I'm not sure if It will be much of a hit, due to size.

Anybody think that 130 seconds from base to base is within reason?

The pathways are not strait, so there is some screwing around involved, slowing progress by a few seconds at a time.. Ill post the map when it nears a more playable state.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

Jake, unless you make some really wild landscape (ooh, do a floating island with lots of vegetation, and tree roots visible from below) with an awesome skybox (ooh ooh do sun + clouds), it will most probably get boring seeing the same ground texture repeat over and over again as you walk on it. The basic idea is variation. Also remember that matches take 10 minutes max (i think), so you need to minimise the time between bases. Also sux when you get killed and you have to spend the same time again.

Apollo

Perhaps a floating island deathmatch map. Ill get making some tree and root models. We need some small vegetation ( collisionless ) ( lots of it ) Along with some logs lying about.

Anybody here who can do alpha mapped high res leave textures? Models can have alpha variable alpha.

If anybody wants to make some dense forest models it would be great.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

SirAlex

Is anyone thinking avatar here?

Apollo

Not at all. But floating islands covered in plant life with deathly awesome lighting... maybe.

vampirefrog