Life Update Thread

Started by Sweet, August 30, 2015, 11:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet

Hey guys! I heard that there was a new version of Sauer coming out, so I have returned! I thought I'd create a thread where we can all share what we have been up to in the real world.

I have begun my third year in college, and I am spending a semester in Berlin and Vienna! I am currently typing this from a flat in Kreuzberg. :hamboning:

vampirefrog

little travelin man

i just have a part time job and lots of free time

we rebuildin MH you should coop with us.

maybe some of our maps will make it into the new sauer

Sweet

Awesome! I still have a major bug with Sauer that, when I interact with water or whatever, my game fucks up and moves to a little corner of the screen, which makes the game virtually unplayable.

ArdTheSheep

Uninstall/reinstall graphics driver.

My computer auto installs my drivers after I uninstall and restart, but i would download a backup driver installer just in case.
Reference: I had that same bug not too long ago. Reinstall fixed.
-
I've just been messing around in Sauer and Overgrowth.  Just the usual. :p
Signature

Boognish

For me if you turn off all your water options you should be set.  :jammin:

Sweet

I'll try both- although I could use some help figuring out how to uninstall my graphics drivers lol

ArdTheSheep

To uninstall:
Windows key + r, type in control panel, go to devices > device manager, find your graphics driver.

Get the details of it and find an installer, download that, uninstall current driver, restart computer.  If computer doesn't auto install driver, run the driver installer you downloaded.

I can help you find an installer if you can give me some driver details.
Signature

Zoocata

Nice to see you posting again, Sweet! It's awesome you're studying abroad. Always wanted to do that.
I might as well contribute since I'm mostly inactive:

I'm in my last year of high school now. Last year I had taken a month off to go fly around south east Asia and during that I was invited to go live in the Philippines for all of next year. I said yes, so providing it doesn't fall through that's what I'll be doing. Nothing really crazy has happened since I went inactive. As some of you know I no longer edit very often. I started fragging and join |DM|. We won our first tournament (beating vaQ, |RB| and other clans) a couple weeks ago so I'd like to think we're alright.

That's really it. No plans for college yet. Hopefully I can go.

Sweet

I have two things in the display adapters category: Intel HD Graphics Family, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M.

ArdTheSheep

Go here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
Find the right driver, then uninstall the Nvidia driver.

Restart, and if it doesn't auto-install nvidia driver, use the installer you downloaded.

After it installs, go to Nvidia control panel and set sauer to run with Nvidia. (if nvidia isn't already the global setting)
C://program Files (x86)/Sauerbraten/bin64/sauerbraten.exe is where you should set it.

That should fix it.
Signature

Skur

Quote from: Sweet on August 30, 2015, 11:27:04 PM
I heard that there was a new version of Sauer coming out
source?
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

ArdTheSheep

Quote from: Skur on September 03, 2015, 05:36:27 PM
Quote from: Sweet on August 30, 2015, 11:27:04 PM
I heard that there was a new version of Sauer coming out
source?

Me.

My source:
<sweeney-ard17>whens next sauer release?
<eihrul>some time this year
Signature

Pupskuchen